Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Bengaluru, India
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT:
The Senior GIS Analyst is responsible for creating highly complex insights on monetizable businesses questions using powerful geo-analytics that connect live, bottom up company intelligence and create competitive edge not possible from other ways. In this role, you will need to seek, understand and agree on the key local business questions to be answered before deploying the plan on data, technology, geo-analytics and models, people and culture in the region.
You will coach, orient, and support diverse teams on the geographic information science usage to solve relevant business questions and guide and advise more junior analysts to use and develop methodologies and medium models focusing on solving powerful and monetizable business questions.
- Execute highly complex global information science analytics efforts defined by the regional strategy and effectively communicated to the local businesses.
- Execute towards speed, accuracy, and communication of highly complex confidence intervals for global information science forecasts and develop continuous improvement initiatives.
- Run, use and challenge global information science team analyses, methodologies and complex models, such as area survey using satellite images, index analysis and spatial analysis to deliver results and intelligence to influence the creation of insights for the businesses.
- Transform geographic information science knowledge and usage into businesses insights and competitive advantage to the local business by developing analysis for internal experts to guide and influence their insights to the commercial and trading teams locally.
- Mentor global information science analysts to provide real value, helping them to understand the connection between the team and the local business needs and demonstrating the value of each specific local analysis for the business.
- Connect the local geographic information science link among the countryside, trading, analytical and various other teams to gather data and market knowledge in order to better use the spatial analysis to create businesses competitive advantage.
- Provide thought leadership for new data, technology, tools, and innovation on the regionally geo-analytics solutions and support to establish processes to efficiently gather potential insights generating data.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of highly complex modeling techniques and big data management
- Ability to quickly take disparate information and derive accurate insights
- Confirmed ability to solve complex problems and execute under tight timelines and pressure
- Understanding of markets and interest in how markets work
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES:
- Support the local geographic information science link among the region, trading, analytical and various other teams to gather data and market knowledge to incorporate the use of spatial analysis to create businesses competitive advantage.
- Execute on transforming broad geographic information science knowledge and usage into businesses insights and competitive advantage to the local business by providing analysis to internal experts to influence and support their insights to the commercial and trading teams locally.
GIS Jobs | Remote Sensing Jobs | Senior GIS Analyst | GIS careers | GIS Jobs in Bengaluru | Geospatial Jobs| RS & GIS