- Organization: Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade,
- Work Unit: Northern Territory Geological Survey
- Location: Alice Springs
- Vacancy Types: Ongoing (Permanent) – Full Time
- Primary Objective: To provide expert advice and develop, implement and maintain Northern Territory Geological Survey databases and spatial applications as part of a team providing information services to both internal and external clients.
- Special Instructions: Under the agency’s Special Measures recruitment plan eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy.
- Contact: Ross Ocampo on 08 8999 5448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Spatial Systems Administrator
- Provide expertise in the development, implementation and administration of spatial systems.
- Apply your experience in writing internet, database and modern programming languages.
- Proactively promote accountable, efficient and effective data management processes.
Northern Territory Geological Survey Full time ongoing appointment
Remuneration: $107,857 – $120,384 (including salary $92,620 – $103,538)
Location: Alice Springs, Northern Territory
Are you an experienced Spatial Systems Administrator with a proven background in information management within a geoscientific environment? If you are, we would love to hear from you.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade (DITT) works in partnership with business and industry to develop and broaden the Northern Territory’s economic base through investment attraction, business and workforce growth.
Positioned within the Mining and Energy Division of DITT, the Northern Territory Geological Survey (NTGS) is the custodian of knowledge and data on the Territory’s geology and resources, and undertakes activities to support and grow the mineral and petroleum exploration industry. This includes Resourcing the Territory, a $9.5 million annual ongoing program providing pre-competitive geoscience, investment attraction and exploration stimulus programs designed to increase exploration activity, success rates, and open up new areas of the Territory for exploration.
As the Spatial Systems Administrator, your primary objective is to provide expert advice and develop, implement and maintain Northern Territory Geological Survey (NTGS) databases and spatial applications as part of a team providing information services to both internal and external clients.
Your key duties involve implementation and maintenance of data models, quality control of standards and procedures for spatial applications and databases. It includes problem resolution to optimise spatial information support services and continued improvements of data management and data delivery systems.
To be successful, you are required to have substantial experience as systems administrator in information management working with spatial data, databases, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), web mapping systems, business intelligence systems, preferably within a geoscientific environment. Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to develop and integrate information systems to meet business needs and/or ability to read and write internet and database programming/query languages. Tertiary qualifications in the ICT, spatial science or geoscience disciplines will be well received.
Located in Alice Springs (Mparntwe), you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package inclusive of 6 weeks recreational leave and 3 weeks personal leave, 17.5% annual leave loading and the opportunity to develop a long term career in the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade. Enjoy the enviable laidback lifestyle and work life balance that allows you time to explore the unique landscapes and dreamtime of the Central Arrernte people. The rich cultural society and community spirit makes Alice an easy place to meet people and make new friends. Support with relocation expenses may be available to successful applicants.
Check out the following links to learn more about living and working in Central Australia
For a confidential discussion please contact: Ross Ocampo on 08 8999 5448 or email@example.com
Please quote position number: 15121
Closing date: 05/04/2023
Applications should consist of a one page summary sheet, resume / CV and copies of relevant qualifications. For a copy of the Job Description or to view career opportunities in the Northern Territory Government please visit https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/Search
Information on the Northern Territory and its great lifestyle is available at https://northernterritory.com/
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
- Other Country