- Organization: ASSAM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION: 03-11-2021
Job Description (Research Assistant)
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
- Name of the Post: – Research Assistant in Planning Services under Transformation & Development Department.
- No. of Posts: – 45 (forty five) Nos.
*Reservation as per draft advertisement received from Government against total numbers of posts in the cadre.
- Scale of Pay: – Pay scale + Grade Pay + Other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government
employees from time to time (per month).
|Pay scale||Grade Pay||Pay bad|
|Rs. 22,000/- to 97,000/-||Rs. 9400/-||PB-3|
- Education Qualification :-
Bachelor Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce from any recognized University with either Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Agricultural Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Business Administration, Business Management, Geography or Commerce as one of the subjects.
Preference shall be given to Honours Graduates.
(Upload self attested valid supporting documents.)
5. Aqe:- The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01/01/2021. The upper age limit is relaxable :
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e. upto 43 years.
- By 3 years for 0BC/M0BC candidates i.e. upto 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018.
- For Persons with benchmark disability (PWBD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidate as per Govt. Memorandum No. ABP 180/2017/105 dated Dispur the 7th January, 2019.
- The upper age limit in respect of candidates who have been serving in a lower post or cadres in the service for a minimum period of 5 years on the date of application should not be more than 40 years on the 1s January of the year of advertisement.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation / HSLC Admit Card or Pass Certificate issued by a recognized Central/State Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
(Upload self attested valid supporting documents.)
- Eliqibility Criteria:-
The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam. The Candidate’s domicile proof one of the following documents need to be upload viz. PRC/Voters ID card/Employment Exchange Registration.
(Upload self attested valid supporting documents.)
4 The Advertisement has been issued as per the Service Rule.
(i) STARTING DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION : 04-10-2021
- CLOSING DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION : 03-11-2021
Under the Digital India initiative by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, APSC has decided to launch its Online Recruitment portal with the help of CSC-SPV, a MeitY approved organization, which will charge a processing fee of Rs. 30.00/- * 18o/otax = Rs.35.40/- from each candidate. The Application Fee is as per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/2016/8-A dated Dispur the 28th October, 2016 communicated vide letter No.ABP.60/2014/11 dated 2nd February 2018 and Govt. Memorandum No. ABP 180/2017/105 dated Dispur the 7th January, 2019. for persons with benchmark disabilities (PWBD) candidates
- Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fees be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- EWS candidates must produce Income & Assets certificate of the family issued by the officer not below the rank of Circle Officer as per provision of Para 5 of Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/4, dated 10-04-2019. Kindly, refer to the Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/16 dated 31-12-2019. Candidates may download the specimen copy of EWS Certificate on www.apsc.nic.in under “F-orms 8 Oown/oads”.
LAST DATE FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE: 05-11-2021
PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY
Physically Handicapped (PH) Persons or Persons with disabilities, as indicated against various item(s) in the VACANCY DETAILS, can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them but has been identified as Suitable. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules. Thus, Physically Handicapped (PH) persons can avail benefit:
- Reservation and other concessions and relaxation as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are reserved for PH candidates.
(ii). Other Concessions and Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are suitable for PH candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of
application will be accepted and the Application will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on ‘Register Here’ link and complete the user registration process by providing basic details.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO REGISTER WITH VALID AND ACTIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION. INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO COPIES OF CERTIFCATES TO BE SUBMITTED IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS MADE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, WILL BE INTIMATED TO THE CANDIDATES THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION IN DUE COURSE OF TIME.
- After creating an account, applicants need to login with the credentials.
- After login, applicants need to provide One Time Registration details such as Personal Information, Educational Qualification, Work Experience, Photo (Min size-20 KB & Max size-200 KB and not older than 3 months) & Signature (Min size-20 KB & Max size-200 KB) and other required documents. Once these details are submitted, applicants will be able to download the One Time Registration details. Then applicants can click on Home->Dashboard and see the live advertisements of APSC in ‘Apply Section’. Please note that One Time Registration details need to be provided only once.
- The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the documents/certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like, Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, in pdf file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 200 KB and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
- Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of Personal Viva-Voce Interview.
- Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations checkbox to enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
- Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission, since editing after final submission will not be allowed.
- After previewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘Submit’ for final submission or click ‘Cancel’ button for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
- On completion of form submission applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
- Application fee once paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
- In case of failure of the payment applicant should click on button ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment from bank. In instances of double debit i.e. amount debited twice for the same transaction, the bank will automatically refund the fee to the applicant within 5-7 working days.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
- Applicant’s application will not be considered if fee is not paid for that application.
- Applicant may also fill their online form through Common Service Centers. Applicants without debit card/Internet banking may visit nearest CSCs.
J8. Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which is applicable
to Persons with benchmark disability candidates.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for each post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then he/she must ensure that Online Recruitment Application with the higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects including fee. Fee paid against one “Application Number” shall not be adjusted against any other “Application Number”.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the Online Application Form.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Recruitment Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
- For any payment related issues, one can reach the following helpdesk numbers —
GRAS Helpline (TeIephonic):1800-212-11-88-66 (From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all working days) GRAS Helpdesk- https://assameqras.qov.in/helpdesk/
- Click ‘Submit a ticket’—> Click ‘Payment Related’
- Fill-in your payment related details. Click ‘Submit ticket’
Bank – For any bank related issue we suggest applicants to contact their respective bank branches.
- For any other issues related to online application form you can contact the following- Email: email@example.com
Contact No: 1800-572-23-43 (From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days.)
POINTS TO NOTE:
- The candidates before applying for the post(s)/service(s) should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions. Their admission at all the stages of selection in which they are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional and under scrutiny, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time or any stage before or after the Screening Examination or Written Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the post(s)/service(s) will be cancelled by the Commission.
- It is for the candidates themselves to see whether they satisfy the prescribed physical requirement (physical standard) and whether he/she is eligible to apply where Examination of physical standard is conducted by the State Govt. before making any appointment.
- No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
- At any stage of the selection process no candidate shall be allowed to change his/her category (of caste etc)/sub-category/sub-categories as claimed by him/her in the original application form/online application form submitted to the Commission.
- The candidates who furnish wrong, erroneous or incorrect information in their application form may be disqualified from appearing for any post before the Commission up to a period to be specified by the Commission.
- In case of detection of any false declaration / statement made by any applicant, his/her application will be rejected and will also be penalized as per prevailing Rules/Law. If in any case, submission of false material facts with a view to hoodwinking the Commission is detected even after the recommendation is made, the Commission may refer the matter to Government for taking necessary action.
- The candidates shall have to produce identity proof like Pan Card, Driving Licence,Passport, Current ID card issued by the educational institutions, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card (wherever applicable) at the time of Screening/Written test and Viva- Voice/ Interview.
- The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the Online Recruitment Application on the website http://www.apscrecruitment.in. unless specifically mentioned in the recruitment advertisement.
- Candidates must, if required, attend a personal interview/VIVA-VOCE at a specific place, as may be fixed by the Commission. The Commission does not defray the traveling or other expenses of candidates summoned for interview.
- Candidates must be in sound bodily health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the final result in due course through APSC website/News paper and any interim enquiries about the result are therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The Commission do not enter into correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non selection for interview/appointment.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
DOCUMENTS/CERTIFICATES TO BE PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
The hardcopy of the online application and the following Original Documents/Certificates along with Self- attested copies and other items specified in the Intimation Letter./Admit Card for interview are to be produced at the time of interview, failing which the candidate would not be allowed to appear in the Interview:-
- Matriculation/10th Standard/HSLC Admit Card/Pass Certificate issued by Central/State Board clearly indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age.
- Certificates & Mark sheets of all examinations from HSLC onwards up to the level of qualifying examination.
- Degree/Diploma certificate along with mark-sheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years will be accepted.
- Experience certificates, whenever specifically mentioned in the advertisement (The experience column of the online application form should be filled as and when specifically mentioned in the advertisement/online application form)
- Caste certificate issued by Govt. of Assam for candidate seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC/MOBC, from the competent authority indicating clearly the candidate’s Caste, the Act/Order under which the Caste is recognized as SC/ST/0BC/MOBC and the village/town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of.
BPL certificate/EWS certificate issued by Govt. of Assam. (wherever necessary)
- Physically Handicapped certificate issued by the competent authority to Physically Handicapped persons eligible for appointment to the post on the basis of prescribed standards of Medical Fitness and if reservation is claimed by candidate for the post.
- Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/ad-hoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis are however required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the post.
- The candidates will have to submit Declaration Form-A, related to the Assam Public Services (Application of Small Family norms in Direct Recruitment) Rules, 2019 published vide Notification No:ABP.69/2019/17 dated Dispur, the 6th November/2019 which may be downloaded from the official website of APSC www.apsc.nic.in (Forms & Downloads Section)
- Documentary support for any other claim(s) made.
NOTE I: Date of birth mentioned in Online Recruitment Application is final. No subsequent request for change of date of birth will be considered or granted. No document other than the HSLC or Class X Board Examination Admit Card/Pass Certificate, in which the date of birth is recorded, will be accepted by the Commission for determination of age.
NOTE II: Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information in filling up the application form. Candidates are also warned that they should in no case correct or alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested/certified copy submitted by them nor should they submit a tampered/fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between two or more such documents or their attested/certified copies, an explanation regarding this discrepancy should be submitted.
The selection procedure will be notified later on followed by issuing corrigendum/addendum, if required. The commission will decide the provision for selection in respect of any post/posts or service/services considering the status, cadre and grade or the number of applications received for the advertised post/posts or servicelservices.
The Commission will also decide to conduct examination/test etc. zone wise, depending upon the numbers of candidates against the districts shown below:
|SI NO||Name of Zones||Districts covered under the Zones|
|1||Silchar||Hailakandi, Karimganj, Cachar|
|2||Jorhat||Golaghat, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Majuli, Charaideo, Sivasagar&Tinsukia|
|3||Nagaon||DimaHasao, Hojai, Nagaon, Morigaon, KarbiAngIong& West KarbiAnglong|
|4||Tezpur||Biswanath, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Udalguri|
|S||Kokrajhar||Bongaigaon, Chirang, Dhubri, Goalpara, Kokrajhar, South Samara|
|6||Guwahati||Barpeta, Baksa, Kamrup, Kamrup (Metro), Nalbari and Darrang|
NB: The Commission has the discretion to reduce or increase the number of zones depending upon the number of candidates.
The list of candidates whose applications are found valid or rejected after scrutiny will be made available in the Assam Public Service Commission’s website (www.apsc.nic.in) showing grounds of rejection in due course.
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai