- Organization: PBC Property Appraiser’s Office, 301 N. Olive Avenue, 5th Floor, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Salary Range: $42,900.00 – $56,550.00
- Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
JOB SUMMARY (GIS MAP TECHNICIAN I):
This is a non-exempt full-time position that involves performing a variety of basic mapping and title functions in the preparation of a county-wide property tax roll. Work is subject to close supervision and reviewed through conferences and performance evaluations.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Interpret parcel identification data and locate properties.
- Maintain the Office mapping and titling systems.
- Perform mapping and computer work in the preparation and maintenance of property maps,
drawings, and tracings for the Property Appraiser’s Office map system.
- Provide map interpretations, property location, and ownership status of property.
- Research and maintain change of ownership data.
- Perform map drafting including traversing legal descriptions.
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret legal records pertaining to land ownership from a variety of
sources; determine the intent of conveying documents and the area to which they apply in order
to ensure accurate records and maps.
- Create, maintain, and revise official parcel maps in digital form to accurately represent all land
parcels, subdivisions, and tax districts; plot parcel boundaries on cadastral maps using GIS
- Tax roll verification of ownership and research abstract records.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from the public and other County agencies in a polite and
courteous manner; direct calls appropriately. Assist the public when necessary or asked.
- Operate modern standard office equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of mathematics, fundamental geometry, cartography, business English and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make computations and tabulate accurately with reasonable speed.
- Capable of learning assigned tasks readily and adhere to prescribed departmental and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize drafting tools, compute acreage and read with comprehension.
- Knowledge of map compilation, cartography and feature structuring for GIS.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers; ArcMap or AutoCad software for computer drafting.
- Ability to operate modern standard office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, calculator, copy machine, scanner, Microfiche reader/printer, engineering plotter and scanner.
- Ability to move or lift 30-pound map racks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or recognized equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience or a combination of on-the-job training and education equal to one
(1) year with drafting, surveying is desirable.
- Must be able to read, understand and work from plats, deeds, legal descriptions and drawings.
- Typically sit at a cubicle, desk, table or counter.
- Use fingers and hands to operate computer keyboard; enter data into a computer or other
keyboard device requiring continuous or repetitive arm-hand-eye movement.
- Perform fine hand movements in the accurate use of drafting instruments.
- Occasionally walk, stand, stoop or kneel.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally ascend or descend stairs.
- Work for sustained periods maintaining concentrated attention to detail.
- Remain in a sitting position for extended periods.
- Ability to travel to other locations within the County while representing the Office.
- Work is regularly performed in an environmentally controlled office setting.
- May periodically be required to travel to other locations within the County to represent the Office.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends representing the Office at the annual South
Submit application to Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and that certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its political subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with Human Resources.
To apply, download a job application to submit to our HR Department.
Mail: PBC Property Appraiser’s Office
Attn: Human Resources
301 N. Olive Avenue, 5th Floor
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
For Similar RS and GIS Jobs: Click Here